If you're a regular reader of this blog, you know that I'm hopelessly addicted to Rock Band and Guitar Hero. I pretend that I bought those games for my kids, but we all know I really bought them for myself (and if the kids are nice, I'll let them play, too).
It's a sure sign that you're addicted to these games if you see colored notes flying towards you when you listen to music. In my case, it's become so bad that when I hear one of my favorite songs on the radio, I often find myself wishing I could play it on my cheap plastic guitar.
So far, here are the top 10 songs that I wish I could play:
- Frank Zappa - Peaches en Regalia
- Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Wing (Hendrix cover)
- Led Zeppelin - Black Dog
- Metallica - Master of Puppets
- Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country (dumb video, but good song)
- Focus - Hocus Pocus (hat tip to Fake Steve Jobs)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge
- The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- Steve Vai - For the Love of God
- Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Bonus wish: Metallica's One and Rush's YYZ are in the Guitar Hero series, but I wish they were available in Rock Band as well. I'm a lousy vocalist, but I think I could do a decent job with the vocals on YYZ :)